Thanks for the Tips for Vodka
This tour is priced for minimum of 2 guests. Any other guest + 45 €
Find out interesting facts and get an answers to the questions like: · What citizens of Vilnius rode a century ago?
· What Alexandra, the last Czarina of Russia and the local ladies of Vilnius had in common?
· How army engineer has built a bridge in Vilnius and it collapsed on the first day
· Where did trams came in Vilnius and where did they disappear?
· Vilnius residents used the services of boatmen, but where did they sail?
History of public transportation in Vilnius
„Thank you for tips for vodka!“ used to say city carriers for the tip received above the fixed rate for the trip. Why? Find out the answer while we take a walk around Vilnius city center, talk about the everyday life of the city 100 years ago and the stories that happened to the citizens, we will find out how and what Vilnius residents drove and what the great industrial changes brought to Vilnius.
There were happy times in Vilnius, when the chaos of buses prevailed in the streets, there were only a few stops, and the schedule was only theoretical - who tried to control it all and how did they do?
· How did the first traffic accident happen in Vilnius and what horse had to to with it?
· Taxi driver 100 years ago: was his job decent?
· What cats and buses have in common?
And many other fun stories from the city life!
Meeting point: By the flag in Lukiškių Square
Suggested starting time: 10.00 AM
Ending point: Plies str. 2.